Sunday, June 17, 2007

Seriously, let's all move to Iowa...

...but I'm not driving. You may wonder, why, 14th St Girl, are you busy blogging away at 12:45pm when you have a long day at work ahead of you plus you have to go sit on the Beltway after work to pick up your car and then go for a run with your friend Marian? Glad you asked. Left early (like, 4A-bloody-M early) on Friday to head to SF for Bub's graduation (he's now Dr. Bub! No, he doesn't know what that rash is) on a Southwest flight that was like Greyhound with wings - we made two stops along the way and I thought I'd never get my ears clear - but then had a fantastic weekend with the Bubs (parents and brother) at a lively graduation ceremony with perfect graduation weather, northern California style. Then on to Restaurant Gary Danko for dinner (comments to come) and then this morning - Sunday - okay, yesterday morning - we headed our separate ways. Southwest put me through only one stop on the way home and I made it into Baltimore a little early - 10:45. I usually take the Baltimore-Washington parkway home, but in some moment of blatant insanity, I thought, hey, why don't I try 95? Two hours later, I arrive home - bumper to bumper, most of the way. At midnight. So now I'm thinking, all three of you who read this blog, let's move to Iowa - I flew over it today (I think - okay, I have no idea) and it looked like it had a lot of roads with not a lot of people on them. We're not flying Southwest to get there, though - we'll have to go by way of Fort Lauderdale and Austin, I bet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.