Friday, November 30, 2007

14th Street Girl Finds Acceptance

...to Georgetown University Law Center!! Received a letter in the mail the other day that was small and square and on lovely paper and looked like an invitation to a holiday party. I opened it, dreaming of fancy spiked eggnog and a certain black number in my closet (that hasn't been said hello to by my little friends anthrenus verbasci), sure to wow the academics right down to their argyle socks -- all said to illustrate just how little I was expecting to receive the news I got.

Okay, when I read it I got a little teary.

All the old adages about hard work and perseverence, sure, but come on now. The people closest to me know how I've struggled to gain confidence in my intellectual and academic abilities and even three or four years ago, I wouldn't have thought of applying to half of these schools. So, either Georgetown's admissions committee was enjoying the eggnog and lost their faculties (pun a bsolutely intended) or it's time to put those insecurities aside and enjoy the feeling. Whew!

No comments: