Sunday, January 6, 2008

Amazing Lemon Holiday Cake!

The title is slightly misleading - it could just as easily be "amazing lemon Tuesday cake!" or something, I just happened to make this for Xmas Eve. I recently signed on to epicurious.com, which has some pretty incredible baking recipes, because I wanted to start making cakes and such from scratch. Anyway, this cake is perfect for lemon lovers but also mild enough for those who don't particularly care for lemon (case in point, my mom, who had two pieces!) I made it again for a friend's birthday and it was also a big hit with colleagues. I skipped the lemon curd mini-filling and just frosted the two layers and stuck em together.


Here's the recipe - it's a bit labor intensive but not difficult, and it just happens to be gluten free!!!!!!!! No worries if you are not celiac, all the wheat-loving people in my family thought it was fantastic.

No comments: