Friday, March 7, 2008

Me again...

...so despite my claim that I was through, through! with blogging, I may end up getting back into it to stay in touch with everyone as I move across the pond in a few weeks! More on that, and leaving the government, and giving up my awesome apartment, and becoming Baker Street Girl and leaving 14th Street Girl behind, here are some photos making me sad - my apartment in the middle stages of being packed up. However, it's been a great opportunity to go through my things - and I've accumulated a heck of a lot of things - figure out what I really need to have and what can be given away. I've made about four trips to Goodwill and clothing drop offs and it was something to think about the next time I A) go shopping or B) look at my bank account. But I digress...
This photo is the saddest, because if you've ever been to my place, you know that this puzzle has been in progress for...about two years now. There are a lot of shades of blue in Starry Night is all I'll say. Now it is in pieces, back in its box, ready to be put together again whenever I grow tired of sticking pencils in my eyes or something equally as painful and difficult on the retinas as all those blues..

The color might be too dark on this photo but you can see my favorite Lichtenstein poster - still no idea where that is going to be stored - and a few boxes. Those shelves are gone to craigslistland and I'm trying not to think that I bought them only a year ago...

I've decided that I either need to accept my quasi-nomadic lifestyle (must shake everything up every five years) and stop buying crap or just accept my love of buying crap and stop moving around. The former appears to keep winning out, so we'll just keep that credit card in the freezer for now and try and remember this insight when the Consumption Demons rise again...

No comments: