Friday, October 26, 2007

Hunting the Snark!

So, color me amazed - what the heck are six people doing reading this blog? I'm in North Carolina visiting my best friend and her two so-adorable-I-may-have-to-eat-them kids this weekend and I thought I'd blog about the awful ride down, and...I have six comments from people who aren't my cousin! And everyone is super pissed that I get annoyed that you stick your fingers in your ears when ambulances go by! To be honest, I was never going to bet the farm that the Tennyson or the obscure northern California restaurant reviews would lure anyone in, but this is awesome.All hail the internets, and the fact that, unbeknownst to me, I have keyed in on a hyper sensitive topic. In case you haven't seen:

6 CommentsClose this window Jump to comment form

Jonathan said...
No offense, but people are being smart by covering their ears. The sirens are designed to be loud enough that people insulated in automobiles with music going can still hear their approach. Average decibel level for ambulances? 120 db. Time it takes to cause hearing loss when listening to something at 120 db? 9 seconds. Perhaps people want to save their ears for something more enjoyable than an ambulance siren.for reference:http://www.drf.org/hh_dictionary/noise_hearing.htm
October 24, 2007 11:55 PM
Tim said...
ya, i'm totally a weenie. yep, count me in.
October 25, 2007 12:21 AM
Brian said...
Can they control the volume in those things? Most of the time, I don't notice or mind a passing siren.But sometimes they are just so exceptionally, painfully loud, and I feel like there must be some little gnome on the roof pointing the thing directly at my skull. I do cover my ears for those.
October 25, 2007 4:45 AM
Joelogon said...
Tinnitus is fun. You'll find out.
October 25, 2007 2:08 PM
David said...
I'm 26 and already have documented hearing loss. If I could afford those volume-sensitive smart earplugs, I'd wear them in the city at all times (while outside, that is). And yes, I bring earplugs to concerts as well.So count me among the weenies.
October 26, 2007 7:58 AM
DCMovieGirl said...
Yup, I'm a weenie, too...Who will be able to hear when she's an old lady.


You weenies kick ass! And you could've been much snarkier, but it's definitely a good start. You quoted decibel levels! All hail the internets, because 10 years ago we would've all walked by each other, full of dicky thoughts, and never have shared them. I'm going to go give someone a hug and then screech in their ear.

No comments: