Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Let's Recap 2007

I've been in the same position on my couch since I woke up at 1:30 this afternoon - I need to bake a cake for my friend who's birthday was yesterday but I don't have baking powder. Which seems awfully suspect to me - how can I not have this key ingredient? Anyway, I digress. 2007 was a banner year, I was just thinking (which is less painful for my head then baking). In 2007 I:

-Traveled to Hawaii with Bub, stayed four days, saw two islands, and made the killer Kuaui-Honolulu-Oakland-Dulles flight in one day and went to work the next morning.
-Visited Bub four times in San Francisco/Palo Alto, including the weekend in January when he found out he matched for residency at Columbia.
-Flew to Hotlanta for a weekend with Bub and friends for an insane re-wedding of a crazy former Maxim cover girl and her baseball-playing husband with a wandering eye. Great shellfsh bar and chocolate fountain!
-Went to Miami for the Winter Music Conference and stayed up all night eating Cuban food and dancing to Goldie.
-Flew to Miami and then Barbados to see a friend get married on a lovely cliff and went boogie boarding and dressed for dinner.
-Went to Los Angeles for a gorgeous wedding in a friend's backyard and spent the day on the beach in Santa Monica.
- Traveled to Malta with my crazy grandfather to chase an opera star.
-Ran around Istanbul with Bub and shopped till our suitcases burst, then flew to Ephesus and got a tour from Ernest Hemingway.
-Stopped in Paris on the way home for a marathon eating and shopping tour of a beloved city.
-Went to Israel and blew through Jerusalem and ran down the beach in Tel Aviv at 6AM. Oh, and ate a ton of cheese.
-Visited Santa Fe, the Four Corners, and Mesa Verde and made Bub speed through the desert in our Corvette.
-Drove down to Big Sur and marveled at nature.
-Drove to Philly on a lark for cheese steaks and to be berated by Eagles fans.
-Countless trips to New York to see friends, family, and an in-resident Bub.

Happy 2008!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just think what you'll do in 08...

win the Presidency [only to have to spend all four years fixing up the junk that Bush messed up]

Good times!